what has reached a level we haven’t seen in four years?? North Texas home sales, that’s what! this past May real estate agents sold 7,618 pre-owned single-family homes which is 22% MORE than in May 2011, according to North Texas Real Estate Information Systems Inc. that’s not all – year-to-date home sales are UP 16% compared to the first 5 months of 2011.
**please take note that this surge in home sales is withOUT any special government programs, slightly tougher underwriting guidelines, slightly increased down payments – and every other ‘sky is falling’ headline the doom and gloom media has blasted us with over the last year**
need MORE good news??
1. Home sales are UP 22% from May 2011 to May 2012
2. Home sales are UP 16% compared to the first 5 months of 2011
3. Homes sales have been higher than year-earlier levels for 11 straight months
4. The number of homes for sale in DFW area are down more than 22%
5. The average days on market in May = 70 (shortest length of time in more than 2yrs)
6. Currently only a 5 month supply of homes on the market (6 month supply is considered balanced)
7. Sales prices were UP 9% vs May 2011
8. The median price in May was $162,500 – the highest level in more than 2 yrs!
Once again – the real estate sky is NOT falling!